Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pulling rails from the ground

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 23:54:41 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

But Ive got tons of other clamps.

I have to make some to lift a submersible pump that quit. I can't
afford to $170+ shipping, each

What do you need? Dont forget..I make Stuff well enough in my machine
and welding shops.

I have to see what the pipe size is, but they use a clamp that both
holds the pipe, and sits on the well casing so you can rotate a pair of
clamps. The problem is the top is 1" iron but I don't know what kind of
pipe is in the casing. It could be iron, rigid plastic, or flexible
plastic and they vary in size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270700740216 is one type.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271244674095 is another.

If it is the flexible pipe, it can be pulled by hand by a couple strong
people, and a third one to pull it away from the well head as they work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Sq-ra02GJVU#t=31
looks interesting.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.