Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default concrete setting time

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Don't even think you can hand-nail it
though ... I used my framing nailer .

You can, but you'll bend a lot of the specified nails unless you have
some superhuman ability, or predrill, perhaps. I did 1000+ square feet
hand-nailing with the specified ring-shank nails and some volunteer
helpers, and we learned to just give up and yank & try again when the
first bend took place, as there was no getting it right after that.
It's also glued down.

I neither own nor want to own or rent a nailer. Hammers suit me fine.

I bought the nailer for a fence job . That job paid for it , the rest is
just gravy . Built the living room to our new house with it , plan on using
it for the kitchen , bedroom , and decks all 'round . Gravy .
Speaking of houses , I just finished the stonework floor for our wood
burning stove . I sure hope the wall is easier on my poor old worn-out body
! Gotta let the floor cure for a week or so before I begin , probably spend
a part of that week doing electrical reconfiguration , we had the power
service moved to the permanent structure last week . Got a couple of trees
that are convenient to the splitting/storage area that I might take down if
the temps drop some . It's 99° here right now , down from a high of 100° at
3:05 PM . I didn't even try to cool my shop today , just left the door open
and a ceiling fan on to stir the hot air .
--
Snag
The house is a comfortable 76° though , well insulated and cooled by an