Posted to alt.home.repair
BobMCT BobMCT is offline

Default Newish sink strainer leaking ???

Last summer we remodeled our kitchen. The sink is double basin
stainless steel with Kholer nickle plated brass baskets. They came
with strainers with o-rings in them. Over use the o-rings
streatched and subsequently wouldn't fit properly in the opening. I
contacted Kholer and they replaced them with larger guage (i.e.:
thicker) o-rings of the same diameter. I thought they would have
done the job. But they leak almost all the time. Even when it looks
like there is no leaking, say when doing dishes, by the time we're
done the water has leaked out. This occurence is true for both
baskets.

Has any one else experienced this issue and if so what was done to
remedy it? Hopefully I don't have to replace the baskets and seeing
how two different o-rings were tried and both leaked, there doesn't
seem much sense with staying with the same strainers.

Do they make other strainers with larger bonded seals that will fit
the same diameter basket opening?

Just wondering.