Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT Tidal power

On 23/08/2014 17:08, harryagain wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 19/08/2014 19:17, harryagain wrote:

I have done five houses up.
First one cost £400. (Ooop North 1970.)
Retrospectively, I wasn't bold enough, I could easily have done twice as
good and been a millionaire.

I know a builder who did much the same. It is only tax free if the house
is your main place of residence, so you have to live in a wreck for a
while. When we costed out how much he could have charged for his time
doing similar work for other people and factored in the normal rise in
house prices, he had made a profit, but nowhere near as much as he
originally thought.

Exactly so re the tax.
Spare time hobby for me.

Your time still has a value that you should not ignore when working out
the costing. However, from your various postings on here, you obviously
prefer not to work on the real costs of what you do.

--
Colin Bignell