Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Here's what (probably) happened to Higgs re avast

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:37:10 AM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hmm,

I am somewhat surprised, you don't have any neighbors or friends, family

member who is good with computers? I am a PE who spent

almost 40 years in the field. As retired senior, I provide free

help to neighbors whoever asks for my help. If new

parts is needed, I don't even buy the part myself. I just tell them "You

need xyz part, go get it" Often I set up home theater, home net work, etc.

too. Lots of fun configuring remote controls. It is a good feeling helping

others.

attaboy!

Tony & Pico Rico -- You are quite right that it is a good feeling helping others. I've done so often in fields of my expertise (obviously not *complex* computer problems!!! The easy ones I can solve g. )

One of my neighbors was the epitome of that virtue. Helped me so much on so many occasions, but has moved too far away; also, some things need to be addressed hands-on.

Other neighbors also tech-savvy enough have helped, but one needs to be VERY careful not to make a nuisance of oneself!!

Have also hired people in the past - some OK-ish, some less so.

I am glad you are helping others. So many -- on this NG and in society in general -- do not understand, in the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin that:

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Time to wind up this thread.

HB