Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT Tidal power

"Dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 19/08/2014 19:20, harryagain wrote:
"Dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 18/08/2014 09:56, "Nightjar \"cpb\""@ insert my surname here
wrote:

£15k invested with a medium risk portfolio I have with HSBC would
have increased to £22.78k over 5 years. I wonder if he has made
as much out of the FIT.

He would have made about £5k but at zero risk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...efficient.html

You aren't very energy efficient if you are using 7000kWhr a year.
That's more than I use and the daughter uses a lot.
You need to do better if you actually want to save the planet.

I could never save £4000 a year on energy, I don't pay anywhere near
that
much and never have. You must waste a lot.

You're not clever Den are you.

I use around 4000Kwh/year

“For us, it has been a great success. Maybe we just got lucky. I expect
energy bills to rise, so I think what we’ve done will pay dividends in
future. Our energy consumption has come down to just under 7,000kWhrs a
year.”

Even 4000kw hr isn't as much as me.

But the saving includes some for the car.

So you swapped a big old car for a tiny electric car that you don't drive
during the day as you are charging it with solar energy.
You wouldn't want to charge it at night using base load nukes would you.

You would have saved even more if you hadn't bought the electric car and
had a Ka or similar.

And no gas bill,

Heat pump!, you have no mains gas.

I have no heat pump.