Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:02:21 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

Was discussing this last night. It will go down from 1600W to 900W in
2017.

And yet... 20 years ago I bought a Nilfisk that had 900W of motor
power and it suckethed mightily, so mightily I thought the carpet
would come up. A new motor was fitted after a blocked filter caused
the old one to overheat, and the motor was now 1200W and yea, it
suckethed mightily, but not noticeably more so than the old one.
I'd be happy enough with a good quality 900W motor and it seems to me
there's a lot of **** design out there that's using / wasting power
just to play the numbers game to attract business.

Nilfisk used to be the queen of vacuum cleaners years ago.
Indestructible virtually.
Cost about four times the competition.