Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Missouri cop was badly beaten

In article ,
Oren wrote:

Mr. Bowman, This is interesting. Hinkley sp was found not guilty by
reason of insanity. Confined in the nut house in Washington. I can't
imagine him being charged in another criminal indictment this many
years later. I'm thinking that is double jeopardy. Is he charged with
a Civil Right's Violation?

My personal guess would be the "dual sovereignty" doctrine. This allows
a federal prosecution of an offense to proceed regardless of a previous
state prosecution for that same offense and vice versa because "an act
denounced as a crime by both national and state sovereignties is an
offense against the peace and dignity of both and may be punished by
each."
So, depending on who tried him first (and my guess would the feds
because the Pres and other other fed officials were the targets), the
state could take their shot.

Maybe Mr. Brady died from complications of his injuries sustained in
the shooting. Apparently the Medical Examiner has declared that,
connecting it (gun shot) and determining it a homicide (manner of
death). Do you have a link that Hinkley sp has in fact been charged?
I'd love to read about it.

That is gonna be the big thing. I really don't see how you get past
the dueling experts with a jury that is sufficiently confused to have
reasonable doubt.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein