Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 24/08/2014 15:02, Broadback wrote:

The EU is also on planning to reduce the power of other domestic
devices, including kettles. Now if I wish to boil, say a litre of water
that, is at say 20 degrees C, surely it will take the same amount of
energy whether I do it with a low wattage or high wattage device. Or am
I missing something here?

It would indeed be silly to reduce the power of kettles. (Though back in
the days when there was serious spikes in load at the end of eg
Coronation Street it making everybody use eg 2KW kettles rather than 3KW
would have put a big dent in the spike. But back then 2KW or less was
probably normal.)

However I can't find anybody proposing it - can you?