Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 24/08/2014 09:00, Richard wrote:
"Dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...

On 23/08/2014 12:20, Fredxxx wrote:
On 22/08/2014 17:19, Arfa Daily wrote:
... if we've now got to start shaving a few watts off the motor of an
appliance that these days is probably used no more than 15 minutes a
week, in order to save power. I refer of course to the new vacuum
cleaner motor power directive from our chums at the EU ...

I would be happy if manufacturers were obliged to publish some agreed
measure of efficiency. Airwatt comes to mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airwatt

Preferably the measurement is made after picking up a few kg of plaster
or other fine dust!

The new EU regs include energy, filtering and cleaning ratings.
Dyson is challenging them in the courts as he doesn't like the
cleaning rating tests.

The main reason I don't have a Dyson vacuum cleaner is because he seems
to be a whiney git.

The idea is to reduce energy use, but how does work if the vacuum
cleaner has to be passed over the same area more often to pick up the
dust? The EU is also on planning to reduce the power of other domestic
devices, including kettles. Now if I wish to boil, say a litre of water
that, is at say 20 degrees C, surely it will take the same amount of
energy whether I do it with a low wattage or high wattage device. Or am
I missing something here?