Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT kerosene lantern?

On 8/23/2014 10:51 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
A single candle puts out enough heat to make the difference, in a
Russian winter, between
life and death?

Yeah, riiiiiight.

Hi,
I spent quite a bit of time as Scout leader when my boy was growing up.
Obviously you never slept out door in dead winter or have survival
training? Canadian winter is pretty deadly too. Read the book about
Napoleon's expedition to Russia.

Years ago, I had email I reposted around. In the
Moscow winter, the electric stayed on most of
the time. Folks would take a filament light bulb
to bed with them to help keep from freezing.

They had expression of parting in the evening which
translates roughly as "Hope to see you alive in the
morning."

--
..
Christopher A. Young