Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Here's what (probably) happened to Higgs re avast

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 7:25:28 AM UTC-7, dadiOH wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message

Yes, good job! I agree that's almost certainly what HB's experience is

all about. And clearly she should complain to AVAST, citing those

excellent links you provided. And I agree that AVAST shares some

responsibility in this. It would be interesting to know what the exact

relationship is between AVAST and iYogi, ie is AVAST paying iYogi or is

iYogi doing it for free in return for being able to sign up paid

customers, or is iYogi paying AVAST.

To my mind, the only relationship between avast and iYogi that matters is

that avast - the principal - agreed to let iYogi function as their agent.

Principals are always responsible for their agents' actions regardless of

the financial arangements between them.

And if she wants to complain to a govt agency, it's clear that the FTC

would be the place to go.

Remember, dadiOH, that it's not yet sure, despite your good research, that these Yogi folks are the perps. As I reported earlier, all 3 of them spoke accentless American English, not the kind you hear from India.

Whoever done me wrong, Avast has to stand behind whoever used their name, whether wittingly or unwittingly.

Now have yourself a jolly little weekend! But save some steam for Labor Day.

HB