nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
Rephrase the question. A guy, 6' 4" at 280 lbs. smacks you up side the
head, what would be your options? Shoot him or box his ears real good?
Which application of hurt would you use?
Actually, I think the larger and more important question is:

"Are we gonna go through this every time a white cop shoots a black person?"

There are hundreds of thousands of white police officers in the USA, and millions of blacks. It's a statistical certainty that there are going to be conflicts between white police officers and black people, some of which are going to result in shootings, and some of those shootings are going to result in deaths. And, those statistics don't account for the fact that both black kids and white kids shoot avatars in video games all evening long, thereby training their muscle memory to pull the trigger when their target is in their sights.

At what point do we stop calling this racism and accept the fact that with so many white cops and black people, a white cop shooting a black person is a statistical certainty; just as a black cop shooting a white person.

It's not reasonable to have a whole town go nutz with rioting and looting every time it happens.

Why don't Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton take a course in statistics so they can clamber onto their rooftops and proclaim in a loud voice for all to hear: "Don't get all tied up in knots. This was bound to happen eventually."

But, that wouldn't suit Al or Jesse's agenda. It's racism in America that pays their bills and allows them to charge 5 figures to simply give a speach, usually about racism in America. And, that advice would fall on deaf ears anyway. The rioters and looters are not expressing their rage at race relations in the USA. They know darn well that what they're doing does more harm than good when it comes to race relations. They are opportunists that simply want to smash stuff, set fire to stuff and steal stuff. Race relations are the last thing on their mind when they're breaking the window of a liquor store or setting fire to a cop car.

So, I ask again, are we going to go through these "pretend racism riots" and "pretend racism looting" every time a white cop shoots a black person?

Last edited by nestork : August 24th 14 at 02:10 AM