View Single Post
  #132   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Avast fraud

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 4:15:57 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Saturday, August 23, 2014 12:29:17 PM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 2:02:05 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

Ay, chihuahua! That sounds almost like a play-by-play of my experience! Even unto the "Bomgard" bit!!! Thanks for the link!!

What's puzzling is that the three successive "techs" did seem to be busting their buns (probably just reading off a screen!) to do requested tasks. Would they have been dupes of the fraudster? Or? The plot thickens!

[....invective..]

If you are really interested in learning about the career of John McCain, you might try getting ahold of an old copy of Rolling Stone. Sorry I don't have the date handy; depends on your willingness to be open to facts vs opinion.

Can we drop this please?

HB

Sure, as soon as you apologize for the vile lies. As for Rolling Stone,
is your Google broken? I found it in about 30 secs. It's a scurrilous piece
of crap, written in that lib rag sheet, when McCain was running for
president, in a desperate attempt to discredit him. Here, for the audience, is one great example of how fair and objective they we

"The next day, McCain embarked on his fateful 23rd mission, a bombing raid on a power plant in downtown Hanoi. McCain had cajoled his way onto the strike force -- there were medals up for grabs.

It was a dangerous mission -- taking the planes into the teeth of North Vietnam's fiercest anti-aircraft defenses. As the planes entered Hanoi airspace, they were instantly enveloped in dark clouds of flak and surface-to-air missiles. "

So, we're supposed to believe that McCain is a coward, but yet he
cajoled his way into what they admit was a dangerous mission just
because he *might* win a medal? It's also obvious that anyone making that charge would have to be a mind reader or have a witness that says McCain
told them that was why he wanted in. They have no witness. It's pure fiction.

You claimed McCain was well treated during his captivity. Yet, from your own
RS:

"There is no question that McCain suffered hideously in North Vietnam. His ejection over a lake in downtown Hanoi broke his knee and both his arms. During his capture, he was bayoneted in the ankle and the groin, and had his shoulder smashed by a rifle butt. His tormentors dragged McCain's broken body to a cell and seemed content to let him expire from his injuries. For the next two years, there were few days that he was not in agony."

In the company of his fellow POWs, and later in isolation, McCain slowly and miserably recovered from his wounds. In June 1968, after three months in solitary, he was offered what he calls early release. In the official McCain narrative, this was the ultimate test of mettle. He could have come home, but keeping faith with his fellow POWs, he chose to remain imprisoned in Hanoi.

What McCain glosses over is that accepting early release would have required him to make disloyal statements that would have violated the military's Code of Conduct. If he had done so, he could have risked court-martial and an ignominious end to his military career. "

I see. So, they acknowledge that McCain turned down early release. But
they are able to be mind readers again and know that it was for some
self-centered purpose, so it's just not good enough. How nice that works.
I'd like to step on the balls of the scum that wrote that piece for a few
minutes and see what he says and does.

"On the Fourth of July 1968, when he rejected the offer of early release, an officer nicknamed "Cat" got so mad, according to McCain, that he snapped a pen he was holding, splattering ink across the room.

"They taught you too well, Mac Kane," Cat snarled, kicking over a chair. "They taught you too well."

The brutal interrogations that followed produced results. In August 1968, over the course of four days, McCain was tortured into signing a confession that he was a "black criminal" and an "air pirate."

Did you read the part about "brutal interrogations? Two years in constant
pain? And then you buy that crap and **** all over a hero?
Hell, you believed a huckster on the phone that promised to fix anything
wrong with your PC for $180. If you're dumb enough to believe that, you're
dumb enough to believe anything I guess.

Why don't you contact Rolling Stone about your PC problem? They seem
very interested in writing wrongs and getting the truth out.....