Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Cutting Pyrex

On Friday, August 22, 2014 1:49:29 PM UTC-4, Roy wrote:
On Friday, August 22, 2014 10:09:39 AM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:

My wife just bought some new pyrex baking pans , and the one we want to

use is just a hair too long to close the oven door on - this is a small oven

in a camper . My question is can I cut the little bit off so we can use it ,

or will it shatter like tempered glass ? I have both a wet saw for tile and

wet/dry diamond and masonry cutting discs for my angle grinder . I think the

best choice will be the tile saw ... but I've been wrong before .

Snag

Screw around with that annealed edge on that handle may result in the

whole shebang shattering when it gets hot. Keep that in mind.

Best to buy a pan that fits the oven IMHO.

Stop that right now! What? Be sensible and get a dish that fits the oven?