Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Missouri cop was badly beaten

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 2:25:12 PM UTC-4, Pico Rico wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 10:26:25 -0700, "Pico Rico"

wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message

. ..

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:49:24 -0600, rbowman

wrote:

trader_4 wrote:

The Treyvon Martin one, for example, is still

ongoing...... WTF? I didn't even realize that, did you? They still

haven't given up on that one.

Trader, the CRV investigation may still be ongoing. I'd have thought

the case would have been closed now, due to lack of evidence. Holder

has a full plate. I did hear today the investigation was still going.

(not from CBS)

Well, hell, they just charged the guy who shot Brady because Brady died

73. Obviously being shot in 1981 caused his death in 2014.

Mr. Bowman, This is interesting. Hinkley sp was found not guilty by

reason of insanity. Confined in the nut house in Washington.

wait - Hinkly is a member of congress??

I'm taking about John Hinckley, Jr. ( missed the "c" in the spelling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.

Clear as mud, now? Thanks for letting me help you.

yes but you said he was confined in the nut house in Washington, so I

naturally assumed you were talking about congress.

Heh, I got it. Oren must be a little slow today

Regarding Hinckly, the prosecutors did say they are looking into it.
That's routine and they can increase the charges, even years later, if
the circumstances change. If someone is convicted of aggravated assualt,
for example, and 5 years later, the victim dies as a result of the injuries
sustained, then they can charge the perp with murder.

In the case of Hinckly, I'd be surprised if they did anything, It's been
30 years, he was found innocent by reason of insanity and it seems unlikely
the jury would have reached a different conclusion if the charges had included
murder. Nor would his confinement in the nut house been any longer either.
They held him until they think he's no longer totally nuts, not based on what
he was charged with.