Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Tidal power

On 23/08/2014 18:12, harryagain wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 20/08/2014 10:42, John Williamson wrote:
On 20/08/2014 08:46, harryagain wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 19/08/2014 19:43, harryagain wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 17/08/2014 22:13, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , harryagain
Who wants slightly radioactive building blocks laced with arsenic
and
other heavy metals?

All breeze blocks are slightly radioactive. Granite and coal are
too,
more so.

There is also quite good, if circumstantial, evidence that slightly
raised
background radiation levels are good for human health.

That'll be why they done away with luminous waches and trimphones
then?

That was done for the _fear_ of radiation - that doesn't prove there is
any danger.

That was done when it was realised that the effects of radiation are
cumulative.

And before they worked out that the radiation from betalights was
negligible unless you ate one.

I poked a geiger counter at one when I was at school. Nothing more than
normal background radiation was shown until the counter was almost
touching the unit. If you're worried about radiation, don't eat bananas.

... or Brazil nuts.

Usual drivel.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/162170.php

That article makes no mention of radiation in food, so is as relevant as
the twaddle you normally link to. I wasted almost a minute reading that
article, I'll send an invoice for the wasted time....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.