Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
My DC01 is 20 years old and still going strong. I had to redo the
mains cable at the entry point to the machine, and it's had a new
wand-hose, but that's all. The DC35 has turned out to be a very
handy device, too.

I'd not expect the average 75 year old widow to be up to fixing a
broken flex.

Then she can get her DIY son/neighbour to do it.

What makes you think her family are any more into DIY than she is?

What makes you think a
75-year-old widow is the typical customer anyway. Or did you just
choose her to make a point?

I used her to make the point she wasn't simply buying a new one to have
the latest. As plenty do - especially with Dyson.

Perhaps buy and fit new hose if they are readily available, (like
from the same place she bought the appliance) and doesn't need tools.

Got it online from Dyson for about a tenner. Installation was to go
CLICK and that was that.

She doesn't do 'online'.

Oh - I would have looked at them for her. But she didn't ask.

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.