Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Avast fraud

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 07:36:08 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The major
PC manufacturers will sell you a copy of the as-shipped software
for some reasonable fee, eg $40. For that you get not only Windows,
but also any other software that was bundled in, eg MSFT Office, etc.

I'd suggest Win7 users visit Digital River and get an image of Windows
SP1 without all the added trash from the maker. A clean image.

With a legal Product Key (sticker on the machine it will activate and
is authentic). Authorized images by MSFT. Pick the correct one!!!
Burn the ISO to DVD, boot and install it. Updates are fewer (G) with
SP1.

I fixed a laptop for my wife's friend that had a corrupted SSL
certificate. She loves me now G

I would not advise this for HB. Her hair may catch fire.

"...The Windows 7 ISO images hosted on Digital River is genuine and
official version, and the downloads from the server is legal. It’s
after all one of the official channel where end-users who purchase a
license (product key) for Windows 7 get the setup installation files."

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

https://tinyurl.com/3n2z5mk

It's a clean install as you can get - no trash...

BTDT