Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4035 Ignoramus4035 is offline

Default Pulling rails from the ground

On 2014-08-23, F George McDuffee wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:41:22 -0500, Ignoramus10365

On 2014-08-21, F George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:16:13 -0500, Ignoramus14649
wrote:
snip
I may have to cut them even more to take them down safely. With a
torch this is not difficult.
snip
this may be less expensive / quicker if you can rent
http://tinyurl.com/k735kd6

Cannot possibly be cheaper than a torch

-----------------
Can cut 6 to 9 inch pieces ready to sell on ebay for craft
anvils. May also be quicker. IIRC you said you had
hydraulic power available from your back hoe. I would cost
this out (rental) before I assume that the torch is cheaper.
cut-off wheels are cheap.
http://tinyurl.com/ljgvwul
http://tinyurl.com/kgdon82

George, it may work. Metal bars bring $1/lb, give or take, and I
expect rails to be the same.

However, I am so upset by the latest changes of ebay that I have
decided to reduce the amount of business I do on ebay. I can always do
something else instead of listing stuff on ebay, for example I can
relax more or seek more scrap business.

Yes, selling on ebay is profitable, but so are a lot of other things I
can do.