Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default concrete setting time

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:26:38 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 23:01:21 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

wrote:
Actually , I was being sarcastic when I asked that question ... I
still remember when my Grandpa poured the floor for his garage ,
several hours after they finished troweling it he scattered some
straw over it and covered it with tarps to control evaporation . I
had to be like 10 or 11 , which would put it around 1962 or 63 ...

Wow, they had concrete way back then?

And even before , if you believe history !

Italian contractors were pouring concrete in 300 BC, and it still
hasn't completely cured.

That's good reason to be wary of Italian contractors. "We'll be back
to finish the job when it's completely cured." d8-)

--
Ed Huntress