Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default There is a change in the GW climate.

In article ,
"Phil L" writes:

"Dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...

Now they are trying to string it out for another decade before they admit
they are wrong.

Straws being clutched at I think.
I've never bought into the idea of man made climate change, as far as I'm
concerned the climate has been changing constantly since the Earth was
formed, with or without humankind to affect anything.
There are possibly a few good things that may have come out of the whole
sorry saga, recycling is one of them - I can't see the point of burying
steel cans and glass bottles just to make more, if it is done properly, it
must be cheaper to re-use them.
Advances in solar energy is possibly another, certainly not for domestic
uses, but certainly for powering small appliances and recharging batteries
etc.
Cleaner air can't be a bad thing

+1

Also good to have forced more careful consideration and use of fossil
fuels, because they become increasingly more expensive to extract.

FWIW, I don't think they will ever admit that they were wrong, the climate

I think the final step will be to claim it's doing something which is
not provable (in any reasonable timescale), such as heating the really
deep ocean where we've never had any temperature monitoring, so it will
be impossible to disprove.

is constantly in a state of flux and always will be, and nothing can be done
by humankind to make it better or worse for our purpose, we either adapt to
the environment or die off, just the same as every other living organism
that has ever existed.

Since the last ice age, the earth has not yet got as warm as it did
between the previous ones, so we should be expecting it to get warmer.

BTW, tonight they are forecasting temperatures will go lower than they
ever have since records began, for this time of year. ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel