Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT Tidal power

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 19:55:05 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 06:45:29 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

Renewable energy is the only one no-one can take away from us.
Nuclear is far too expensive, dangerous, it's use is totally
irresponsible.

Not as dangerous as farming Harry, that you say you were involved in.
Farming accounts for almost 1 in 5 deaths in the workplace and is
still the most dangerous profession to work in. Overall, 148 workers
were killed in the UK between April 2012 and March 2013.
Source:
http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/03/07/...n-says-hse.htm

I'm amazed you went anywhere near it, you seem so concerned with
dangerous industries. Very irresponsible of you!

I thought fishing was the most dangerous occupation.

That quote is from Farmers Weekly, who in turn were quoting Health and
Safety Executive figures. They should know. If the nuclear industry
was as bad as that there'd be uproar.

I lived on the farm but it was not my occupation. It was a nice place to
live.
NP4 8TT on Google maps/earth.

But you owned it Harry. You said so earlier in this thread. Which
means you made money out of it. Well would you believe it. Harry
making money out of an industry far more dangerous than the nuclear
industry, yet he has the brass neck to claim the nuclear industry is
dangerous. And I thought you were at least sincere in your beliefs,
even if misguided. Now I wouldn't be surprised to hear you have shares
EDF. You disappoint me Harry.

Why does it neccessarily mean I ran it as a business?