Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 16:24:59 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 23/08/2014 14:13, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:15:15 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 09:10:20 +0100, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 15:39:14 +0100, robgraham
wrote:

An interesting position exists in Scotland in that the Land Access laws
define a bike as an aid to pedestrianism (or some equivalent wording)
hence
allowing bikes on mountain tracks. I wonder if anyone has used that as a
justification for cycling on the road footpaths.

As usual Scotland has more sensible laws. England actually treats bicycles
like cars!

And so they should be. Except for children up to, say, 14.

I can run close to the speed to what I can cycle at. When running am I
treated as a car?

Well if you're on the road, you should obey the highway code - such as
stopping at red lights, giving way at major roads, etc. D'ye do that?

When running? WTF? You're insane.

As insane as your suggestion you should be compared with a car.

I never said I should be. I said it would be insane to compare a runner to a car, just as it is insane to compare a bicycle to a car.

--
Scots are tightwads who are saving up to become Jewish.