Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 23/08/14 17:14, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Capitol
wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:
... if we've now got to start shaving a few watts off the motor of an
appliance that these days is probably used no more than 15 minutes a
week, in order to save power. I refer of course to the new vacuum
cleaner motor power directive from our chums at the EU ...

Eco-bollox at its most ludicrous ... :-\

I have no sympathy. The sheeple voted to let them do it. You get the
politicians you vote for!

I haven't voted for any of the people in the EU that come up with all
this **** and then foist it on our government in a way that can't be
refused. Have you ?

I didn't vote for this government, but enough sheeple did to give
them power. A major change in voting habits is necessary if you want
change.

Nobody voted for this govt. That's the trouble with coalitions: nobody
votes for them [1]. The voters also don't realise that on entering
coalition, the manifestos of the parties involved go into the rubbish
bin. What the govt then does is what results from the coalition
negotiations and subsequent agreement. You'll note that that is
something no-one has voted for or against.

This is why FPTP is best; generally it gives you a working majority so
that the govt can govern. The lesson for the Tories in Scotland and
Wales in '97 was "Must try harder", not, as the LibDems would have it,
to cry and ask for top-up seats.

Of course now with four parties getting something of the poll, that
frays at the edges somewhat. The only thing one can say with much
certainty is that voting UKIP will give you Millibroon.

I wouldn't bet on that either.

If enough people do vote UKIP you are left with a cameron less UKIP-tory
coalition, a tory-labour coalition, or a minority tory government. With
UKIP able to defeat anything they put forward unless Labour support it.

All of which are interesting outcomes.

And none of which are milibroon.