Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:44:02 -0700, Susan
wrote:

...snip...

Vinegar works beautifully to destroy the "scent" or whatever is
attracting
them at their point of entry, but it won't kill the ants. Put full
strength white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the cracks and scented
line they all follow in single file at their point of entry. Then spray
the surrounding cracks and areas around it, both inside and
out.. They disappear quickly if vinegar is sprayed in this way. So much
better than toxic chemicals and cheap. I'm unsure if this works in large
populations of ants. Mine have not returned either.

yes, ALWAYS remove scent trails of EVERY creepy crawly.

We had two 2 liter bottles of soda explode inside a base cabinet in our
entertainment room. What a mess! Didn't discover until the next day, ran
down inside through cracks disappeared into ?? But the ants found it! The
cabinet isalong an exterior wall, duh!

Used the fastest thing I had around, Raid's new Bug Barrier. Sprayed
around, down into the same leaking cracks etc. Never saw anoth ant for
over year now. I think that stuff kills the next even.

It is a commercial toxic, "spit, spit, curse be gone!" but it DOES work
and work well.