Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Here's what (probably) happened to Higgs re avast

"trader_4" wrote in message

Yes, good job! I agree that's almost certainly what HB's experience is
all about. And clearly she should complain to AVAST, citing those
excellent links you provided. And I agree that AVAST shares some
responsibility in this. It would be interesting to know what the exact
relationship is between AVAST and iYogi, ie is AVAST paying iYogi or is
iYogi doing it for free in return for being able to sign up paid
customers, or is iYogi paying AVAST.

To my mind, the only relationship between avast and iYogi that matters is
that avast - the principal - agreed to let iYogi function as their agent.
Principals are always responsible for their agents' actions regardless of
the financial arangements between them.

And if she wants to complain to a govt agency, it's clear that the FTC
would be the place to go.

--

dadiOH