Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 23/08/14 13:27, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 01:45:06 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

I haven't voted for any of the people in the EU that come up with all
this **** and then foist it on our government in a way that can't be
refused. Have you ?

Perhaps you ought to. You missed your chance, back in May, for the next
five years, though.

What ? You think that MEPs have anything to do with the thought
processes - or indeed lack of them - that go into coming up with this
bollox ? And that they have any control over the outcome or its
implementation in our country ? If so, then I think that's staggeringly
naiive for someone of your normal contribution level ... The EU is a
huge bureaucracy that rumbles on unstoppably, and we have absolutely no
control over its output, and how it affects us at all, no matter what
Cameron would try to have us believe. It has totally emasculated us as
an independent nation, capable of controlling our own destiny and laws,
and all this green crap is a manifest example of EU meddling at its worst.

I have no problem with saving energy where it's valid, such as with
fridges and freezers that run, off and on, 24/7, or with items that have
standby modes, but vacuum cleaners ? Power saving ? Really ?

I truly despair ...

Arfa

Correct: MEPS are equivalent to a house of lords. They can block, they
can modify but they cannot throw legislation out - it just comes back,
often packaged in many other directives so that to block one line is to
block the lot/

Policy is initiated by EU paid lobbyists at the behest of European
manufacturers, and framed by bureaucrats who are unelected and unsackable.

It is as democratic as the USSR was.