Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 01:45:06 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

I haven't voted for any of the people in the EU that come up with all
this **** and then foist it on our government in a way that can't be
refused. Have you ?

Perhaps you ought to. You missed your chance, back in May, for the next
five years, though.

What ? You think that MEPs have anything to do with the thought processes -
or indeed lack of them - that go into coming up with this bollox ? And that
they have any control over the outcome or its implementation in our country
? If so, then I think that's staggeringly naiive for someone of your normal
contribution level ... The EU is a huge bureaucracy that rumbles on
unstoppably, and we have absolutely no control over its output, and how it
affects us at all, no matter what Cameron would try to have us believe. It
has totally emasculated us as an independent nation, capable of controlling
our own destiny and laws, and all this green crap is a manifest example of
EU meddling at its worst.

I have no problem with saving energy where it's valid, such as with fridges
and freezers that run, off and on, 24/7, or with items that have standby
modes, but vacuum cleaners ? Power saving ? Really ?

I truly despair ...

Arfa