Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 08:31:13 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

An enormous number of years ago, I did a spell cleaning a hospital. We
had a range of vacuum cleaners. Of those, the Nilfisks were
astonishingly good (I think they were 900W).

I liked the way the industrial versions simply plonked two motor heads
on the one casing. No waste of design time there, prettifying it up.

I detested the BVC/Goblins
because they were so noisy whereas the Nilfisks outperformed them at an
incredibly low noise level. I also rather liked the aluminium pot on
wheels design.

I think I'll get an ally pot Nilfisk, as the plastic bottom has a weak
spot near the wheels - gets a bit cracked after two decades of dog's
abuse.