Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

Granted , but a lot of the power is used by simply filtering out the
microdust. Small holes need more power to push air through, surely?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
... if we've now got to start shaving a few watts off the motor of an
appliance that these days is probably used no more than 15 minutes a
week, in order to save power. I refer of course to the new vacuum
cleaner motor power directive from our chums at the EU ...

Eco-bollox at its most ludicrous ... :-\

15 minutes a week?

It does seem odd, but like all these things forcing makers to increase
efficiency is no bad thing. They won't do it on their own.

It's likely a pretty inefficient design that requires two horsepower to
lift some dust.

--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a **** driver*

Dave Plowman London SW