Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 23/08/2014 01:44, Fredxxx wrote:
What I would like to see is a rating structure that represents say
suction and flow vs power input.

Let us hope that whatever scale they come up with doesn't echo the folly
of those appliances where you have to count the pluses - such as
refrigerators.

One of the oddities about the high power motors, at east on some such as
Miele products like ours, is that they include a power control and many
people (us included) tend not to use it at top whack most of the time.
Whether running a 2200W motor using an electronic device to reduce power
is more or less efficient than using a 1600W motor without is left as an
exercise for the reader.

--
Rod