Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Avast fraud

Todd wrote:
On 08/20/2014 11:44 AM, Nil wrote:
On 19 Aug 2014, Higgs Boson wrote in
alt.home.repair:

They sold me a policy to "fix anything wrong on computer".

I don't believe that they sell any such product. Please cite a specific
reference to it.

There are many things that can go wrong with a computer that they
couldn't, shouldn't and wouldn't fix. It would be idiotic for a company
to make that claim.

Ya, no fooling.

I had a customer buy a custom computer from me and expected me
to warrant every screw up she did on it. I was very clear
that I only covered the hardware, not the usage. She
got pretty ****ed when I insisted. Oh did she screw things up!

Some people shouldn't own computers.

Higgs! Look at an iPad. They are pretty easy to use and
pretty hard to screw up. They are great for receiving
information, but horrible for creating things. You can
get a keypad for them if you do a lot of typing.

Hi,
Some have a knack for breaking every thing they touch. It does not
matter what it is, LOL!