Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Avast fraud

On 8/22/2014 11:42 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Hi - I tried to explain earlier in this thread, but maybe it didn't go through? Sorry, in my first "vent" I conflated TWO SEPARATE ISSUES:

1. I bought Avast anti-virus and found their customer service terrible. That is NOT what I was venting about.

2. On a call to Avast, a salesman-type sold me a "policy" by which for $179/year Avast would "fix ANYTHING that went wrong with the computer.". Well, being naive, I bought it. Tried them once; they didn't fix (minor) problem, but after tying me up for an hour with "chat" at computer, they did a System Restore -- which I could have done myself -- and lost data.

Much later,t fed up with a rash of (minor but annoying) problems, I decided to try Avast "policy" again. This time, I spent ***a good part of two days*** sitting at computer during "chats" with succesion of techs who ***ed up even worse; finally bailed without notifying me.

Result: REALLY SERIOUS PROBLEMS which are messing me up badly. If I took the electrons to list details, you would agree!

I doubt that you could properly explain anything regardless of how many
electrons you wasted.

Your subject line was "Avast fraud" You may well have two separate
items to complain about but the thing that stands out is "Avast fraud"
which you now say it isn't. I don't recall anywhere in your ramblings
that you identify the real culprit, the guy who got you to trade your
sack of gold for some magic beans.

Fortunately for you, it's probably not actionable by Avast, since in
order to make a case they have to prove harm.

The inane ramblings of a semi-literate goof hardly count.

OTOH, if they were a comedy act, they might have something to go on
about, i.e. the comedic value of your ramblings.

You are either a troll or an idiot.