Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Avast fraud

On Friday, August 22, 2014 7:13:47 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:09:35 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

wrote:

The local person I have hired in the past isn't up to the job, so I will have to look for a better person; I don't want to put my neighbors through this! If I have to pay someone, I'm taking "Avast" or whoever the outside provider is, to Small Claims to recoup my damages.

LMAO. You don't get it.

Tell you what. Post the phone number and e-mail address you sent for

support. Post it here so "I" can see it.

You can't tell us the problems with the computer, so you expect to

beat Avast in court. Do you even know how to file a smalls claims in

court? You have stated they are frauds. They will eat your lunch in

court with a counter claim.

What the hell do you expect in court when you cannot answer basic,

simplistic questions here. Tell US what standing you would have in

court. Tell me the date, so I can watch the Judge kick your ass to

the curb. You don't even have a freakin' case. You'll not recover

anything - period.

The first major problem in a situation where you're dealing with a
company that isn't local is how and where can you sue them? The local
baker or car dealer, I can sue in the local court. AVAST, IDK? I think
figuring that out is probably harder than figuring out how to restore
the PC to the as-shipped load. Could be a long trip to small claims
wherever AVAST's corporate presence is. Actually it's not even clear
it's AVAST that she purchased the contract from. And I agree with the
rest of your analysis, that they'd probably win because I doubt that
whatever it is she bought guarantees that they can fix "anything" that's
wrong with the PC. She better have some expert testimony as to what is
wrong with it too. How much is that going to cost? LOL