Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 22/08/2014 18:18, Chris Hogg wrote:

AIUI it's not the efficiency of the motor they want to improve, but
the vacuuming efficiency, so that a 1600 watt motor achieves as much
cleaning potential as one with say a 2000 watt motor. What would be
involved, I don't know, but ground clearance would be an obvious thing
to look at, as would the dust-filtering process.

The need for efficiency depends on what you are vacuuming. Most places
in Europe have predominately hard floors, which they vacuum. In the UK
we have predominately carpets- which take more suction/airflow to clean.

I still don't believe they need a couple of horsepower. That is down to
simply bad design. No need for the makers to improve things until they are
forced to.

BTW, the regs also lower the noise limit too. That can't be bad either.

--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.