Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 22/08/2014 18:18, Chris Hogg wrote:

AIUI it's not the efficiency of the motor they want to improve, but
the vacuuming efficiency, so that a 1600 watt motor achieves as much
cleaning potential as one with say a 2000 watt motor. What would be
involved, I don't know, but ground clearance would be an obvious thing
to look at, as would the dust-filtering process.

The need for efficiency depends on what you are vacuuming. Most places
in Europe have predominately hard floors, which they vacuum. In the UK
we have predominately carpets- which take more suction/airflow to clean.