Thread: Avast fraud
View Single Post
  #96   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Avast fraud

Higgs Boson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I've used avast! for many years...AFAIK, they have no such product. They deal in software, not "policies".

Hi - I tried to explain earlier in this thread, but maybe it didn't go through? Sorry, in my first "vent" I conflated TWO SEPARATE ISSUES:

1. I bought Avast anti-virus and found their customer service terrible. That is NOT what I was venting about.

2. On a call to Avast, a salesman-type sold me a "policy" by which for $179/year Avast would "fix ANYTHING that went wrong with the computer.". Well, being naive, I bought it. Tried them once; they didn't fix (minor) problem, but after tying me up for an hour with "chat" at computer, they did a System Restore -- which I could have done myself -- and lost data.

Higgy when you going to follows rules and limit your bloviating to 80
nonsensical characters? You obviously called Dell or Hp or... that's what
they always tell the nut-cases to clear the call out.

Much later,t fed up with a rash of (minor but annoying) problems, I decided to try Avast "policy" again. This time, I spent ***a good part of two days*** sitting at computer during "chats" with succesion of techs who ***ed up even worse; finally bailed without notifying me.

Result: REALLY SERIOUS PROBLEMS which are messing me up badly. If I took the electrons to list details, you would agree!

Sent email and wrote Certified letter to the local HQ in upper CA (parent company in Germany; hard to reach). Gave DETAILS of techs' sorry performance and demanded that computer be restored to previous status.

Nothing.

Nearly two weeks later, yesterday unintellible phone msg. followed by email. I answered by email. Awaiting developments. Computer still barely functioning.

Other kind posters on this thread opine that I was just suckered by outside vendor. But he made the sales pitch on a call to Avast months ago about something else entirely!

Hope this makes things clear?

I STILL would like to know where in the computer world a person could go to complain about what seems like shoddy business practice Ombusman? Magazine? Regulatory body???

TIA

HB

Once they know whom they are dealing with, no one.

--
Tekkie