Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 22/08/2014 17:19, Arfa Daily wrote:
.... if we've now got to start shaving a few watts off the motor of an
appliance that these days is probably used no more than 15 minutes a
week, in order to save power. I refer of course to the new vacuum
cleaner motor power directive from our chums at the EU ...

Eco-bollox at its most ludicrous ... :-\

Arfa

Was discussing this last night. It will go down from 1600W to 900W in
2017. I can see a "black" market in older, more powerful vacs. And I
agree, what will the manufacturers be able to do in order to recover the
suction power? Partner points out that this seems entirely inappropriate
given the incredibly wasteful and excessive use of energy that occurs in
so many other areas such as motor vehicles.

Not a Which member but what is readable here has some interest:

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2014/08/...-power-377790/

I do like the idea of quieter vacuum cleaners as mentioned there -
absolutely cannot stand the noise most of them make. Clashes something
rotten with my tinnitus.

They will use less power and do the same job.