Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do you think.

On 8/22/2014 8:01 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, August 22, 2014 1:24:15 AM UTC-4, Pico Rico wrote:

what homeowner in his right mind would want anything to do with this?

I agree, probably not many. You might snag the few that think they
will be selling in the not too distant future, if the commission wasn't
7% and the real estate firm were known, competent, respected, etc.
But I doubt a firm that meets that last criteria would be doing this
to begin with. I wonder what the gift cards are exactly? Could be
$300 at someplace few people give a crap about, or could be $300 VISA
card. Big difference, but it still has the big problems.

They don't by chance require your friend to pay for the cards himself,
upfront, until he sells them, do they?

To offer people cash TODAY for a promise tomorrow,
that's worked on a lot of people. Might work.
If I was selling the cards, I'd want some kind
of assurance, I wasn't wasting all my time and
someone else keeps the money.

I'm suspicious. Too many ways to work like a dog
and invest a load of your own money and get zero
for your efforts.

--
..
Christopher A. Young