Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default For Anyone Pretty Sharp With Cordless Phone Systems

On 8/21/2014 7:12 PM, David L. Martel wrote:
Bob,

E-bay has a number of V Techs for sale.

Dave M.

That was probably the 1st place I'd look. That said, I have 2 cordless
phones working, basically, side by side. One is a 2 line, DEC6.0 and
the other is a 1 line, 5.8MHz, so they don't interfere with each other,
as they are on different frequencies. We primarily use the 5.8MHz
system as we have 4 handsets. And, now that I think of it, 2 base
stations, of which one is being only used as a charger. The DEC6.0
system has both the regular land line, and the freeby landline, the
telco gave for bundling. I guess too many people are dropping land
lines so they have to "give them away". BTW, only one of the 5.8MHz
bases is enabled for answering machine. It all gets complicated because
our primary number is yet a 3rd number, Google, which rings the primary
landline and the cell. However, because of telco timing and such,
sometimes the cell voice mail will pick up, sometimes, the answering
machine and even sometimes, the telco voicemail, which I personally
hate. Luckily, it only goes to landline voicemail, when the line is
busy, so that's good. As my mother used to say, "see, clear as mud".