Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil[_3_] Nil[_3_] is offline

Default Avast fraud

On 21 Aug 2014, Higgs Boson wrote in
alt.home.repair:

2. I bought a "policy" for lack of a better word, from what now
appears to have been a salesman for an outside vendor. Not an
uncommon phenomenon, but one which completely fooled me, since I
thought I was talking to AVAST.

Salesman DID say very specifically that for $179 a year, they
would take care of ANYTHING -- I emphasize ANYTHING

This is a well-known scam, and you have been taken. Kiss your money
goodbye - there is no chance in Hell that you will get it back. They
have already "fixed" your computer as much as they ever will... and
there's a good chance that they have installed malware on your computer
in the process.

I'm serious.

I get two or three of these calls a week. I recognize them for what
they are by their Caller ID, and I don't answer the phone.