Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

"fred" wrote in message
On Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:35:13 AM UTC+1, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:54:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"

wrote:

snip

A shout could mean anything

But usually does get people's attention and is much

easier to do when the **** hits the fan on a bike.

I see no reason why you call a pedestrian a "fan" - it is unlikely that
they

are indeed a fan of psycholists.

I can see why you called the cyclist a ****: most people do.

If there are a few people around a shout is not going to have great
significance

It will get their attention.

whereas the distinct sound of a bell generally brings attention.

So will a shout.

Beside, I would regard two or three 'tings' on a
bell more civilised and friendly that a great shout.

No one said anything about a great shout.

So what do all you people who shout actually shout ?

I just say hi, or something like that. Works fine.