Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Avast fraud

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:10:59 PM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

Does anyone know of an "ombudsman" type of person or site where I could upload my problems with Avast.

They sold me a policy to "fix anything wrong on computer". Not only do their techs not know their *** from their elbow, but their hours and hours of unsuccessful efforts have ****ed up my computer so badly I have lost valuable programs and documents.

They do not answer Certified Mail and emails, so it looks like they are blowing me off. Maybe if some entity more powerful than Consumer Sucker leans on them?

I understand such "ombudsman" or whatever you call them, do exist, so maybe you resourceful people can direct me.

TIA

HB

Hi,

I wonder what kinda issues you have with your computer?

Must have hit "Send"? Will watch if post shows up.

I was separating two issues that may have confused you good folks:

1. Anti-virus purchase. Bad customer service.

2. CURRENT PROBLEM: Months later, I purchased a "policy" -- for lack of a better term -- from an online salesman who promised -- his EXACT WORDS -- that for $179 per year they would fix ANYTHING -- repeat -ANYTHING