Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Avast fraud

Todd wrote:
On 08/20/2014 05:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Nil wrote:
On 20 Aug 2014, Oren wrote in alt.home.repair:

She can buy a used typewriter? A used memory typewriter?

I've got a vintage rusty IBM Selectric in the garage. A little WD-40
and she'll be good as new! That would be about the right for this
person, I think.

You will be interested in my rare type balls.

Hi,
Years ago at the infancy of PC when 4 Mb hard drive cost couple grands,
I was an EIC a at local university looking after their main system
involved in software development. One day one of the faculty secretary
called me in panic saying she can't use word processor any more, it is
stuck. When I took a look at the problem she never deleted or stored
backed up files externally on floppies. literally hundreds of saved
letter files were plugging up the machine. She thought almighty computer
had endless file saving capacity. When I explained things she seemed
quite surprised.....

Hi Tony,

I have customer, fortunately not all, who are hermetically
irresponsible about backing up. I put them on Carbonite, even
though I find cloud backup creepy.

-T

Hi,
Ditto here. Cloud is like Google, I 'd never trust it.