Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Lesson learned...

On 8/20/14, 10:32 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
Never use a zero-clearance insert while cutting tapers on a table saw.

Reason? The tapered offcut can wedge between the blade and the ZCI, pushing the blade
into the workpiece. Makes a helluva noise, too.

DAMHIKT.

Think anybody will notice that one of the four legs on an end table is about 1/16" narrower than
the other three?

S**t.

S**t, s**t, s**t.

S**T!!

Are you cutting the waste side against the fence or something?
Seems to me the waste on the taper should just fall down and away from
the blade.
What am I missing?

--

-MIKE-