Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default Avast fraud

On 08/20/2014 05:47 PM, Nil wrote:
On 20 Aug 2014, Todd wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I had a customer buy a custom computer from me and expected me
to warrant every screw up she did on it. I was very clear
that I only covered the hardware, not the usage. She
got pretty ****ed when I insisted. Oh did she screw things up!

I used to fix screwed up computers in a corporate environment. I got to
know who seemed to go out of their way to **** things up time and time
again. Since they got them fixed for "free", they just didn't care...
and yet they were the most demanding and impatient of any. I guess it's
a combination of attitude and work flow. Some people seem to
instinctively know how to avoid some computer problems. Some people
rush right into them.

Nowadays I do it just for friends and family. My sister's kids
regularly invite viruses and other malware into the family computer.
They don't care, maybe because I swoop in to fix things when they get
so bad that, say, my sister can't do her online banking because of all
the popup ads. I'm happy to bail her out as often as need be, but the
kids need a good spanking. Too bad they're 18 years old and 3000 miles
away.

Had one customer with a secretary that would yell broken
computer to get to go home early. One time she claimed it
shocked her. Make me run over in a mad dash. She didn't
realize I have a degree in Electrical Engineering. Biggest
shock she ever got was scraping her shoes over the carpet.
She was a total pain in the neck.