Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Why is the micro USB so fragile compared to mini USB cable ends?

"Avraham Bernholz" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote, on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:02:13 -0400:

Replace the connectors, they are cheap enough.

I also have to replace the Duracell USB wall charger I bought
from Frys, as it just fell apart in my hands today!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vjpnv8&s=8

That could have been dangerous because it left that missing pin
in hot port of the wall socket!

Have a look at the charger teardowns on youtube

You may never buy a non branded mains charger from china again.