Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Avraham Bernholz Avraham Bernholz is offline

Default Why is the micro USB so fragile compared to mini USB cableends?

Avraham Bernholz wrote, on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:35:12 +0000:

I don't have the original shrinkwrap, but it was generic
Frys stuff. I will have to go back and look at the brand,
but, how does *that* help?

Here is a picture of a few of the bad microUSB cables:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wvu1e8&s=8

This 6 foot long Belken cable no longer has any nubs:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n4fhj9&s=8

So the Belken (on the right) didn't have any more nub than
the no-name brand on the left (in this picture below):
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16kw2s2&s=8

I'm confused how I'm supposed to buy a good micro USB
cable when even the Belken brand loses its nubs.