Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

Default Why is the micro USB so fragile compared to mini USB cable ends?

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Personally I don't like micro USB. It's too small, doesn't self guide
on insertion, the orientation is non-obvious and with the lack of
self guidance is the thing not going together because it's miss
aligned or the wrong way up?

Physically, I will admit the apple lightning connector is nicer, it's
still small, is reversible and it inserts smoothly, but I wouldn't want
a proprietary connector.